Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Windows...to...my car.

Well, now that the radiator is repaired in my little car, I needed to transport it to Waterford. To do this, I came up with a fiendish plan. I had a friend of mine follow me over to a parking area near a suburban Detroit Amtrak station and then bring me back to work. I then drove back to Waterford in my SUV. This morning, I called a taxi and had it take me to the Pontiac Amtrak station, where I boarded the Amtrak from Waterford. I got off where I had left the car, and drove it to work. Tonight, I will drive it back to Waterford, and I will have both cars with me.

One little problem. Now that the radiator is repaired, the rear passenger side window has decided to remain at half-mast. It will no longer go up or down even a smidgen. My guess is that this is going to be yet another expensive fix.

In the meantime, I have stretched a hefty bag over the door frame at the top to keep the rain out. And yes, it rained quite a bit last night.

Fun times.

No comments: