Monday, July 21, 2008

The Weekend in a Nuthatch

On Friday, I attempted to drive home to Waterford from my place of employment, which is in another Detroit suburb. Unfortunately, my car broke down and I had to call AAA to come get the thing and haul it to a repair facility, then take a taxi to yet another Detroit suburb, where my second car was parked (due to my recent move to Waterford, I was shuttling between cars, being unable to drive two cars at one time). Then I was able to drive back to Waterford, leaving my poor little broken car in a repair facility for the weekend.

The problem turned out to be a broken radiator. Repairs on the order of $600. Oh joy, oh bliss.

The rest of the weekend was unremarkable. I moved a few items to my new Waterford apartment from my old place using my bigger vehicle, but there is much more to go. Looks like I may have to hire a local 'hire me and my truck' guy from Craigslist or something like that to get the heavier stuff moved (bed, shelving, computer desk, dresser). My new apartment will still be awfully empty.

No comments: