Monday, July 28, 2008

Moving and moving

Had to finally break down and hire movers to complete the relo from Royal Oak to Waterford, but it was well worth it. All moved in to the new digs now.

Had breakfast at the Honey Tree restaurant. Farmer's breakfast, quite good. Bacon was awful, but the rest was excellent.

Attempted to burn down the apartment on Sunday while trying to cook a frozen pizza. Apparently, the cleaning people had left some sort of chemical on the stove elements prior to turning the apartment over to me, and when I put the oven on 'pre-heat', the heat caused a lot of smoke, which set off the smoke detector over and over again for about a half-hour.

As Shakespeare said, much sound and fury, and signifying dinner.

Later, I dreamed that someone told me "Never underestimate the value of an Iron Man lunch box." No idea what that was about. But I thought I'd share.

No comments: